Monday 26 May 2008

Do you fall easily?

Sinead had her second scan today and everything showed up fine. The baby is developing as expected and the next visit will be for be for checks on spine and heart development.

During our visit the consultant asked Sinead the falling question "Do you fall easily". Now to understand the answer given, let me take you back to last night.

We went to the Bruce Springsteen concert in Dublin. It was excellent and a good time was had by all, despite the heavy winds and rain near the end of the show. After we parked our car, and were making our way into the show, Sinead stumbled (no drink honest!!) and ended up on her bum in the middle of the street. She was a bit worried about any damage that might have happened to the baby, so when the consultant asked the question today, her answer was "not normally, but I did fall last night at the concert". Of course he looked at us quite strangely and re-phrased his question to "did you fall pregnant easily". Cue red faces from the two of us.

We got another printout of the scan, and as soon as I run it through the scanner I'll post it. All in all a nice end to the week - I'm counting tomorrow as the first day of the week as we are back to work.

Some other news. I failed my driving test on Friday. I was like a bear for 2 days, as I felt I had done enough to pass. As usual Sinead threatened to kick my ass if I didn't snap out of it, and that seemed to do the trick. So if you're reading this Sinead, I'm sorry for being a grumpy boots on Friday and Saturday. I've reapplied for the test and hope to have another crack at the whip in a few months. Speaking of whips and cracking, we saw the new Indiana Jones film on Friday night and I really enjoyed it. I'd probably rank in number 3 out of the series. #1 is Raiders of the Lost Ark; #2 Temple of Doom and #4 The Last Crusade.

Hope you enjoyed the update, going to finish cleaning the kitchen. In the last 2 weeks every time Sinead goes into the kitchen, she is getting sick due to a bad smell, which we haven't been able to track down. The fact that I can't smell it isn't helping, so we've been cleaning out various parts of the kitchen to see if we can find the cause. Tonight it's the turn of the fridge.

No comments: